2014/11/18

A new star by Arne Jacobsen

 
 
I should be resting as I was so tired that I managed to rotate my whole computer screen upside down with just some clicks (luckily Google is there 24/7 and the always-rotating-exactly-the-right-way-with-you phone), but I had to make this post first before shutting down. As I spotted this!

The Munkegaard chair, also known as the Mosquito, designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955, is making a fine comeback as of 1st December when the Danish company Howe takes this into production again. This chair has its roots in the Munkegaard school, also designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955-1957.

Do you like it?

Interesting. The ant and mosquito will now compete for the buyers' favour. Just came to think about how much design may be resting somewhere, without us even knowing? Maybe a dragonfly next?


 
Pictures | Howe
 
 

2 comments: